Unicorn Blogs

Quick Search Posts
Quick Browse Posts

Part comes home to Unicorn

Posted by Unicorn at 10:45 on 13th March 2017 in Unicorn Darts News

Part comes home to Unicorn

Three times World Champion John Part is back!

The Canadian star - without doubt one of the best ever - has re-joined Team Unicorn after seven years “on the road!”

Part heads back to Unicorn as a player, ambassador and mentor.

“It’s just great to be back,” he said. “I always felt very comfortable with Unicorn. A great product range, leaders in their field and they love to innovate. That’s my type of company!”

“I still have a great passion for playing, but the roles of ambassador and mentor appeal to me greatly. Darts is my life and I will be honoured to represent the Unicorn brand, get involved in helping other players and pass on years of experience.”

Part believes he can still achieve on the tough PDC Tour after superbly winning seven matches on one magical day at Wigan in January to earn his prized Tour Card.

“That was huge for me,” he admitted. “A really big boost for my confidence and belief. I know I can still play to a really high standard. I need more days like that!

Part believes he can still make a difference. “Being back at Unicorn will hopefully help me to make my mark again. It would be great to get back to the World Championship as a player and a commentator!”

He went on: “I feel it is also very important to help other players build for the future. Maybe a kind of calling for me, which is why the new partnership with Unicorn is perfect. But I definitely feel up to the challenge of playing. I am 50 now but there are still possibilities for me on the circuit!”

He will get his darts “fine tuned” with Unicorn and they will also be made available to buy….the darts of a three-times World Champion.

“I guess I’m the everyman of darts. I’m the guy who’s played everyone. I’m not a superstar, but I hope that I’m what everybody could be.”

“My mentality hasn’t changed. I want to taste those big games and the success that goes with it. I love the commentary for Sky Sports. It is great to analyse. I can still be awestruck by watching a game. It doesn’t feel like a job! But I feel I’ve still got a good two or three years as a player to achieve.”

Unicorn Managing Director Edward Lowy couldn't hide his delight: "We loved working with John, Part 1, as it were, and sharing in his third World Championship win in 2008."

That history making victory for the Canadian was the first World Championship won at the Alexandra Palace.

Mr Lowy added: "JP 2, The Sequel, is going to be blockbusting, barnstorming good fun as we work with John on the oche, the media and to use his years of knowledge and experience. Great to have you back JP!"

Part summed himself up in typical Part fashion: "I'm probably the best pub player in the world to be a three-times World Champion!"

We look forward to the latest chapter in the John Part story.

Story from STUART PYKE

There are 10 comments to this post

Posted by Andrew wickstead at 11:18 on 13th March 2017

A class act/ coming back home to a class act.... part and unicorn.... class

Posted by Karsten at 18:39 on 13th March 2017

Congrats John Part. Proud to be Canadian. Game on.

Posted by Gary Broomhead at 18:39 on 13th March 2017

My name is Gary Broomhead and in January I had the honor of traveling with John to Wigan to experience my first PDC Q SCHOOL event. Right from the beginning of my decision to commit to Q school John helped me and made me feel welcome.
I am very proud of my friend John and I would like to congratulate Unicorn Darts for having John join your team.

Posted by Margaret Heinermann at 18:52 on 13th March 2017

Congratulations John can't wait to see you back on TV playing where you belong ??????

Posted by Steve gill at 19:27 on 13th March 2017

Way to go John. I'm in Ontario again. Maybe I will see you around when you come home for visits.

Posted by john morrison at 21:08 on 13th March 2017

CONGRATS john part well over due,always and have hoped the best for you

Posted by Des. Rutherford at 11:29 on 14th March 2017

Congrats John, I play in the Premier division of the Durham Region Pub Darts League for the "Trebled Bunch". We wish you all the very best in your return to International Darts. I will be looking forward to seeing your new darts online and in action.

Posted by Jo Stoyles N.S at 20:01 on 14th March 2017

I played darts with John Part in Nova Scotia and played against Him at several Canadian Opens. In fact. One year He came joint third in The Canadian Open Men's Singles and I came joint third in the Ladies open Singles and He got my throphy and I got His. We had to find each other and exchange them. Best of luck to you John in all your endevours . and I hope you accomplish all your goals. An Old Friend. Jo Stoyles?

Posted by Stanley Minogue at 08:49 on 15th March 2017

Way to go John! We are sll cheering for you

Posted by Mark Jacobs at 14:12 on 20th March 2017

Hi there, will Unicorn be re-releasing Johns classic darts? I imagine these would be a great seller